SNHG16, small nucleolar RNA host gene 16, serve as an oncogene that promoted tumor progression by acting as an endogenous 'sponge' to regulate microRNA.
SNHG16, small nucleolar RNA host gene 16 (HGNC nomenclature), ncRAN, "non-coding RNA expressed in aggressive neuroblastoma"
SNHG16 is a four exon transcript of 2538 bp (GenBank) long non-coding RNA, located on 17q25.1 and has two splice variants, a long form (Nbla10727) and a short form (Nbla12061) . Non-primate metazoan species, such as mouse, rat, dog, cow, horse, zebrafish, or C. elegans, do not have SNHG16 in their genomes .
ncRAN may play an important role in the pathogenesis of human bladder cancer, and may help in designing effective therapy targeting the ncRAN pathway to control bladder cancer growth and invasion
ncRAN might represent a novel prognostic indicator, a biomarker for the early detection of metastasis and a target for gene therapy in CRC .
SNHG16 promotes glioma tumorigenesis by sponging miR-20a-5p, leading to the enhancement of its endogenous targets E2F1 .
SNHG16 promoted cervical tumor progression by acting as an endogenous ‘sponge’ to regulate miR-216A-5p/ZEB1 .
ncRAN expression is dramatically up-regulated and associated with poor prognosis in human neuroblastoma .
SNHG16 is upregulated in cervical cancer tissues and cell lines .
The primers of RT-PCR were as follows,
Labs working on this lncRNA
- Division of Biochemistry and Innovative Cancer Therapeutics, Chiba Cancer Center Research Institute, Chiba 260-8717, Japan.
- Department of Urology, the First affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, China.
- Department of Pathology, Fudan University Shanghai Cancer Center, Shanghai, China; Department of Oncology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai, China; Institute of Pathology, Fudan University, Shanghai, China.
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Xin Hua Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, No.1665, KongJiang Road, YangPu District, Shanghai 200092, China.
- Yu M, Ohira M, Li Y, Niizuma H, Oo ML, Zhu Y, et al. High expression of ncRAN, a novel non-coding RNA mapped to chromosome 17q25.1, is associated with poor prognosis in neuroblastoma[J]. International journal of oncology. 2009,34(4):931-8.
- Zhu Y, Yu M, Li Z, Kong C, Bi J, Li J, et al. ncRAN, a newly identified long noncoding RNA, enhances human bladder tumor growth, invasion, and survival[J]. Urology. 2011,77(2):510 e1-5.
- Yang BY, Meng Q, Sun Y, Gao L & Yang JX. Long Non-Coding Rna Snhg16 Contributes to Glioma Malignancy by Competitively Binding Mir-20a-5p with E2f1[J]. J Biol Reg Homeos Ag. 2018, 32(2):251-261.
- Zhu H, Zeng Y, Zhou CC & Ye WP. SNHG16/miR-216-5p/ZEB1 signal pathway contributes to the tumorigenesis of cervical cancer cells[J]. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2018, 637:1-8.
- Qi P, Xu MD, Ni SJ, Shen XH, Wei P, Huang D, et al. Down-regulation of ncRAN, a long non-coding RNA, contributes to colorectal cancer cell migration and invasion and predicts poor overall survival for colorectal cancer patients[J]. Molecular carcinogenesis. 2014.
>gi|100507246|ref|NR_038108.1| Homo sapiens small nucleolar RNA host gene 16 (SNHG16), transcript variant 1, long non-coding RNA