LSINCT5, a 2.6 Kb polyadenylated, long stress-induced non-coding transcript on the negative strand, which localized in the nucleus and potentially transcribed by RNA polymerase III, acts as a candidate biomarker in multiple cancers.
LSINCT5: long stress-induced non-coding transcript 5 (HGNC nomenclature)
LSINCT5 is a 2.6 Kb polyadenylated, long stress-induced non-coding transcript that is on the negative strand, localized in the nucleus and potentially transcribed by RNA polymerase III.LSINCT5,The LSINCT5 transcript consists of a core sequence and two long interspersed elements (LINE 1M repeat and LINE 1ME repeat)..
LSINCT5 is located 829,825 bp downstream of the IRX4 gene and 31,529 bp upstream of the IRX2 gene, both genes closely related to tumor development. LSINCT5's disorder in gastrointestinal tumors may be the downstream effect of these two genes.
It belongs to the category of "Intergenic" in lncRNA classification.
- nucleus .
LSINCT5 appears to play a role in cellular proliferation and also with the development of breast and ovarian cancers.
LSINCT5 may act as an oncogenic lncRNA by influencing many cellular processes, including proliferation, in the carcinogenesis of cancers such as breast cancer, ovarian cancer, and gastrointestinal cancer.
High expression levels of LSINCT5 were significantly associated with poor DFS (disease-free survival)and DSS (disease-specific )rates in both GC (gastric cancer)and CRC(colorectal cancer ) patients, which indicated that LSINCT5 is an independent prognostic indicator for the DFS and DSS rates of GC patients,
- breast cancer, ovarian cancer, gastric cancer, colorectal cancer
LSINCT5 is overexpressed in breast and ovarian cancer cell lines and tumor tissues, relative to their normal counterpart. In addition, knocking down the expression of LSINCT5 in cancer-derived cell lines causes a decrease in cellular proliferation.
|Primer||Assay||Forward Primer||Reverse primer|
The expression of LSINCT5 was significantly higher in GC and CRC tissues than in adjacent normal tissues. In addition, LSINCT5 expression was markedly increased in several gastrointestinal cancer cell lines compared with normal cell lines.
|siRNA||Sense Sequence||Antisense Sequence|
|siRNA(negative control)||5'- CCUACGCCACCAAUUUCGU-3'||5'- CCUACGCCACCAAUUUCGU-3'|
|qPCR Primer||Forward Primer||Reverse Primer|
>gi|299767353|gb|GU228577.2| Homo sapiens LSINCT5 non-coding RNA, partial sequence
Labs working on this lncRNA
- Division of Experimental Pathology, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, MN, USA.
- From the Department of Pathology, Fudan University Shanghai Cancer Center, Shanghai 200032, China.
- Silva JM, Boczek NJ, Berres MW, Ma X, Smith DI. LSINCT5 is over expressed in breast and ovarian cancer and affects cellular proliferation[J]. RNA biology. 2011,8(3):496-505.
- Xu MD, Qi P, Weng WW, Shen XH, Ni SJ, Dong L, et al. Long non-coding RNA LSINCT5 predicts negative prognosis and exhibits oncogenic activity in gastric cancer[J]. Medicine. 2014,93(28):e303.