HEIH is oncogenic lncRNA that promotes hepatocellular carcinoma progression.
HEIH: hepatocellular carcinoma up-regulated EZH2-associated long non-coding RNA(HGNC nomenclature)
HCCAT2, "hepatocellular carcinoma associated transcript 2 (non-protein coding)", "highly expressed in hepatocellular carcinoma long non-coding RNA", LINC-HEIH, LINC00848, lncRNA-HEIH, "long intergenic non-protein coding RNA 848"
HEIH, a long non-coding RNA ,which showed EZH2-associated upregulation in hepatocellular carcinoma.
The expression level of lncRNA-HEIH (lncRNA High Expression In HCC) is higher in HCC tissues and high lncRNA-HEIH expression in HCC had a significantly worse prognosis than those with low lncRNA-HEIH expression that suggested lncRNA-HEIH may act as an independent prognostic factor for overall survival in HBV-related HCC .
Moreover, lncRNA-HEIH is associated with enhancer of zeste homolog 2 (EZH2) and this association is required for the repression of EZH2 target genes(p15, p16, p21, p57)..
It suggested that lncRNA-HEIH up-regulation in HCC is mediated by the transcription factor, SP1.
- hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)
The expression level of lncRNA-HEIH (lncRNA High Expression In HCC) is higher in HCC tissues 
Oligonucleotide Sequences used in this study
|5' ATGGCTTCTCGCATCCTAT 3'|
>>gi|365733597|ref|NR_045680.1| Homo sapiens hepatocellular carcinoma up-regulated EZH2-associated long non-coding RNA (HEIH), long non-coding RNA
Labs working on this lncRNA
- Departamento de Bioqu′?mica, Instituto de Qu′?mica, Universidade de S?ao Paulo, 05508-900 S?ao Paulo, SP, Brasil .
- School of Pharmacy, Anhui Key Laboratory of Bioactivity of Natural Products, Anhui Medical University, Hefei 230032, China; The Key Laboratory of Anti-Inflammatory and Immune Medicine (Anhui Medical University), Ministry of Education, China; Institute for Liver Diseases of Anhui Medical University (ILD-AMU), Anhui Medical University, Hefei 230032, China.
- Yang F, Zhang L, Huo XS, Yuan JH, Xu D, Yuan SX, et al. Long noncoding RNA high expression in hepatocellular carcinoma facilitates tumor growth through enhancer of zeste homolog 2 in humans[J]. Hepatology. 2011,54(5):1679-89.
- He Y, Meng XM, Huang C, Wu BM, Zhang L, Lv XW, et al. Long noncoding RNAs: Novel insights into hepatocelluar carcinoma[J]. Cancer letters. 2014,344(1):20-7.