Difference between revisions of "NONHSAT056039"
|Line 2:||Line 2:|
''SNHG16'', small nucleolar RNA host gene 16(HGNC nomenclature)
''SNHG16'', small nucleolar RNA host gene 16 (HGNC nomenclature)''ncRAN'', "non-coding RNA expressed in aggressive neuroblastoma"<ref name="ref1" />
''ncRAN'', "non-coding RNA expressed in aggressive neuroblastoma"<ref name="ref1" />
Revision as of 06:35, 18 November 2018
SNHG16,shorted forsmall nucleolar RNA host gene 16, which is located on 17q25.1 and has two splice variants, palys significant roles in cancers.
SNHG16, small nucleolar RNA host gene 16 (HGNC nomenclature), ncRAN, "non-coding RNA expressed in aggressive neuroblastoma"
SNHG16 is a four exon transcript of 2538 bp (GenBank) long non-coding RNA, located on 17q25.1 and has two splice variants, a long form (Nbla10727) and a short form (Nbla12061) 
ncRAN may be a novel non-coding RNA mapped to the region of 17q gain and act like an oncogene in aggressive neuroblastomas.
ncRAN may play an important role in the pathogenesis of human bladder cancer, and may help in designing effective therapy targeting the ncRAN pathway to control bladder cancer growth and invasion
ncRAN might represent a novel prognostic indicator, a biomarker for the early detection of metastasis and a target for gene therapy in CRC.
ncRAN expression is dramatically up-regulated and associated with poor prognosis in human neuroblastoma.
bladder cancer, colorectal cancer
The primers of RT-PCR were as follows,
Labs working on this lncRNA
- Division of Biochemistry and Innovative Cancer Therapeutics, Chiba Cancer Center Research Institute, Chiba 260-8717, Japan
- Department of Urology, the First affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, China.
- Department of Pathology, Fudan University Shanghai Cancer Center, Shanghai, China; Department of Oncology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai, China; Institute of Pathology, Fudan University, Shanghai, China.
- Yu M, Ohira M, Li Y, Niizuma H, Oo ML, Zhu Y, et al. High expression of ncRAN, a novel non-coding RNA mapped to chromosome 17q25.1, is associated with poor prognosis in neuroblastoma[J]. International journal of oncology. 2009,34(4):931-8.
- Zhu Y, Yu M, Li Z, Kong C, Bi J, Li J, et al. ncRAN, a newly identified long noncoding RNA, enhances human bladder tumor growth, invasion, and survival[J]. Urology. 2011,77(2):510 e1-5.
- Qi P, Xu MD, Ni SJ, Shen XH, Wei P, Huang D, et al. Down-regulation of ncRAN, a long non-coding RNA, contributes to colorectal cancer cell migration and invasion and predicts poor overall survival for colorectal cancer patients[J]. Molecular carcinogenesis. 2014.
>gi|100507246|ref|NR_038108.1| Homo sapiens small nucleolar RNA host gene 16 (SNHG16), transcript variant 1, long non-coding RNA