Difference between revisions of "LINC02599"
(Created page with "''LINC02599'', long intergenic non-protein coding RNA 2599 with a critical role in TGF-β-induced EMT. ==Annotated Information== ===Name=== ''LINC02599'': long intergenic no...")
Revision as of 06:25, 17 December 2018
LINC02599, long intergenic non-protein coding RNA 2599 with a critical role in TGF-β-induced EMT.
LINC02599: long intergenic non-protein coding RNA 2599 (HGNC:53931)
LINC02599 is a lncRNA gene with a little or no protein coding potential located at chromosomal location 8q11.21. RNA-FISH data showed that AC026904.1 was highly enriched in the nucleus. It could used as novel biomarkers and therapeutic targets for metastatic breast cancer. 
This lncRNA functions as an enhancer RNA (eRNA) to activate Slug expression at both transcriptional and post-transcriptional levels in cis in breast cancer. Because AC026904.1 is a lncRNA highly enriched in the nucleus it may act to regulate its neighboring genes. 
LINC02599 is regulated by TGF-β. It is upregulated through TGF-β/Smad pathway in breast cancer. 
LINC02599 is highly expressed in metastatic breast cancer and closely associated with poor prognosis.
Breast cancer 
Labs working on this lncRNA
- State Key Laboratory of Cancer Biology, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi'an, China
- Department of Immunology, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi'an, China
- Department of Thoracic Surgery, Tangdu Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi'an, China
- Department of Oncology, No. 88 Hospital of PLA, Tai'an, China
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi'an, China
- Li G-Y, Wang W, Sun J-Y, Xin B, Zhang X, Wang T et al. Long non-coding RNAs AC026904.1 and UCA1: a "one-two punch" for TGF-β-induced SNAI2 activation and epithelial-mesenchymal transition in breast cancer[J]. Theranostics. 2018, 8(10):2846-2861.