Difference between revisions of "HCG14"
(Created page with "''HCG14'', HLA complex group 14 long non-protein coding gene that carries a novel celiac disease risk variant. ==Annotated Information== ===Name=== ''HCG14'': HLA complex gr...")
Latest revision as of 09:29, 26 December 2018
HCG14, HLA complex group 14 long non-protein coding gene that carries a novel celiac disease risk variant.
HCG14: HLA complex group 14 (HGNC:18323)
HCG14 is a long non-protein coding RNA gene at chromosome location 6p22.1. A risk variant in HCG14 contributes to celiac disease pathogenesis.
This lncRNA seems to regulate the expression of NOD1 in an allele-specific manner.
Please input information here.
Expression of HCG14 was slightly downregulated in epithelial cells isolated from duodenal biopsies of celiac patients, and eQTL analysis revealed that polymorphisms in HCG14 region were associated with decreased NOD1 expression in duodenal intestinal cells.
Celiac disease 
Labs working on this lncRNA
- Endocrinology and Diabetes Research Group, BioCruces Health Research Institute, UPV-EHU, CIBERDEM, Barakaldo.
- Department of Genetics, Physical Anthropology and Animal Physiology, University of the Basque Country (UPV-EHU), BioCruces Health Research Institute, Leioa.
- Department of Gastrointestinal and Liver Diseases, Biodonostia Health Research Institute, San Sebastian.
- Department of Pediatrics, University of the Basque Country (UPV-EHU), Cruces University Hospital, Barakaldo, Spain.
- Santin I, Jauregi-Miguel A, Velayos T, Castellanos-Rubio A, Garcia-Etxebarria K, Romero-Garmendia I et al. Celiac Diasease–associated lncRNA Named HCG14 Regulates NOD1 Expression in Intestinal Cells[J]. Journal of pediatric gastroenterology and nutrition. 2018, 67(2):225-231.
>gi|414760|ref|NR_104117.1| Homo sapiens HLA complex group 14 (HCG14), long non-coding RNA