Approved symbol: FAM201A
Approved name: family with sequence similarity 201 member A
HGNC ID: HGNC:27239
Previous symbols: C9orf122
Previous names: chromosome 9 open reading frame 122; family with sequence similarity 201, member A
RefSeq ID: NR_027294
Ensembl ID: ENSG00000204860
LncBook ID: HSALNT0288968
The FAM201A gene is a 2.9 Kbp long gene located in genomic 9p13.1, that results in RNA transcripts without ORFs, which means that it has no protein-coding potential.
FAM201A was upregulated in radioresistant ESCC tumor tissues.
Please input regulation information here.
FAM201A contributed to radioresistance by upregulating ataxia telangiectasia mutated (ATM) and mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) expression via actions as a miR-101 sponge, lncRNA-FAM201A may also modulate cell ionizing radiosensitivity via a “FAM201A-miR-101-mTOR-NHEJ” axis, may be a potential biomarker for predicting radiosensitivity and patient prognosis, and may be a therapeutic target for enhancing cancer radiosensitivity in ESCC..
- colon adenocarcinoma 
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Tourette's syndrome
- Osteonecrosis of the femoral head
Please input evolution information here.
Labs working on this lncRNA
- Department of Radiation Oncology, Fujian Medical University Union Hospital and Fujian Provincial Platform for Medical Laboratory Research of First Affiliated Hospital, Fujian, China.
- Department of Radiation Oncology, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Suzhou, China.
- Laboratory of Molecular and Genetic Information, Institute of Molecular and Cellular Bioscience, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan.
- Department of Orthopaedics, Huashan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200040, China.
- Shahriyari L. Effect of normalization methods on the performance of supervised learning algorithms applied to HTSeq-FPKM-UQ data sets: 7SK RNA expression as a predictor of survival in patients with colon adenocarcinoma. Brief Bioinform. 2017 Nov 3. doi: 10.1093/bib/bbx153.
- Yu D, Mathews CA, Scharf JM, et al. Cross-disorder genome-wide analyses suggest a complex genetic relationship between Tourette's syndrome and OCD[J]. Am J Psychiatry, 2015, 172: 82-93.
- Matsumura K, Kawasaki Y, Miyamoto M, et al. The novel G-quadruplex-containing long non-coding RNA GSEC antagonizes DHX36 and modulates colon cancer cell migration[J]. Oncogene, 2017, 36: 1191-1199.
- Huang G, Zhao G, Xia J, et al. FGF2 and FAM201A affect the development of osteonecrosis of the femoral head after femoral neck fracture[J]. Gene, 2018, 652: 39-47.
>gi|224591428|ref|NR_027294.1| Homo sapiens family with sequence similarity 201 member A (FAM201A), long non-coding RNA
Predicted Small Protein
|Amino acid sequence||MWGVLAGSGVAWRLLPAHRRRMQLGCPGGLEDSGLGSQGPPGPGAGNHICPQPQPPAPVI|