Approved symbol: EGFLAM-AS1
Alias: lncRNA-LOWEG, CTD-2108O9.1
Ensembl ID: ENSG00000249491
LncBook transcript ID: HSALNT0086786
- lncRNA-CTD-2108O9.1 represses metastasis by targeting leukemia inhibitory factor receptor(LIFR), which is designated as a metastasis suppressor in BC.
Significantly reduced expression of lncRNA-LOWEG was found in gastric cancer tissues and cell lines (SGC-7901, AGS, BGC-823 and HG-27) compared with patient-matched nontumorous adjacent tissues (P < 0.01) or the normal gastric cell line GES-1 (P < 0.05). Lastly, western blot and real-time PCR analysis suggested that lncRNA-LOWEG is positively correlated with the expression of leukemia inhibitory factor receptor (LIFR) gene at the translational level.
RNA-CTD-2108O9.1 is downregulated in Breast cancer (BC) tissues and cells and acts as a metastatic inhibitor of BC.
Labs working on this lncRNA
- Department of Surgical Oncology and General Surgery, The First Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang, 110001, People's Republic of China.
- Department of Breast Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of China Medical
University, Shenyang, China
- Wang M, Wang M, Wang Z, et al. Long non‐coding RNA‐CTD‐2108O9. 1 represses breast cancer metastasis by influencing leukemia inhibitory factor receptor[J]. Cancer science, 2018, 109(6): 1764-1774.
- Zhao J, Sun J, Song Y, et al. A novel long noncoding RNA-LOWEG is low expressed in gastric cancer and acts as a tumor suppressor by inhibiting cell invasion[J]. Journal of cancer research and clinical oncology, 2016, 142(3): 601-609.