PCAT6: prostate cancer associated transcript 6, promotes cellular proliferation and colony formation of prostate cancer.
PCAT6: prostate cancer associated transcript 6 (HGNC:43714)
ncRNA-a2; PCAN-R1: prostate cancer-associated noncoding RNA 1; KDM5BAS1: KDM5B antisense RNA 1 (head to head); onco-lncRNA-96 (HGNC:43714)
PCAT6 is a long non coding RNA gene located at chromosome 1q32.1, flanking the histone demethylase JARID1B/KDAM 5B. 
PCAT6 promotes cellular proliferation and colony formation of prostate cancer. Molecular analysis revealed that PCAT6 regulated the expression of two pivotal cancer-related proteins, c-Myc and p53, in lung cancer cells. . Depletion of ncRNA-a2 (PCAT6) also results in significant reduction of KLHL12, a gene known for negative regulation of the Wnt-beta catenin pathway .
Detectable expression of ncRNA-a2 (PCAT6) was confirmed in HeLa cells.  PCAN-R1 or PCAT6 showed positive correlation between gene expression and somatic copy number alteration (SCNA).  Knockdown of PCAN-R1 resulted in substantial decrease in both cell growth and soft-agar colony formation in the androgen-dependent prostate cancer cell line LNCaP which was also later further confirmed in the androgen-independent prostate cancer cell line LNCaP-abl. The siRNA knockdown of PCAN-R1 had no effect on the expression of its neighboring protein-coding (PCG) gene KDM5B suggesting that the functional mechanism of PCAN-R1 is not directly through its neighboring protein coding genes. In normal tissues, PCAN-R1 and its neighboring PCG KDM5B showed the highest expression in testis 
|Primer||Forward primer||Reverse primer|
|RACE and northern blot analysis||5′-GACCTGGGCAACCCCAGCCTG-3′||5′-GATCACTAATACGACTCACTATAGGGCGCGAGGAGCGCCTCATCACC-3′|
Labs working on this lncRNA
- Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG), UPF, Barcelona, Spain 
- Center for Functional Cancer Epigeneitcs, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, USA 
- Department of Thoracic Surgery, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China 
- Orom UA, Derrien T, Beringer M, Gumireddy K, Gardini A, Bussotti G, et al. Long noncoding RNAs with enhancer-like function in human cells[J]. Cell. 2010,143(1):46-58.
- Wan L, Zhang L, Fan K, Cheng Z-X, Sun Q-C & Wang J-J. Knockdown of Long Noncoding RNA PCAT6 Inhibits Proliferation and Invasion in Lung Cancer Cells[J]. Oncology Research Featuring Preclinical and Clinical Cancer Therapeutics. 2016, 24(3):161-170.
- Du Z, Fei T, Verhaak RG, Su Z, Zhang Y, Brown M, et al. Integrative genomic analyses reveal clinically relevant long noncoding RNAs in human cancer[J]. Nature structural & molecular biology. 2013,20(7):908-13.
>gi|375268763|ref|NR_046325.1| Homo sapiens prostate cancer associated transcript 6 (non-protein coding) (PCAT6), transcript variant 1, long non-coding RNA