MIR31HG, located at chromosome 9p21.3,transcribed from 4 exons resulting in a spliced transcript of ~2.2 kb and shows significant roles in breast tumorigenesis.
Approved symbol : MIR31HG: MIR31 host gene
Alias symbols: LOC554202, hsa-lnc-31, LncHIFCAR
HGNC ID: HGNC:37187
LncBook transcript ID: HSALNT0289179
The LOC554202 gene which does not contain an open reading frame is located at chromosome 9p21.3. LOC554202 is transcribed from 4 exons resulting in a spliced transcript of ~2.2 kb.
Higher expression of Loc554202 in breast cancer tissues was associated with larger tumor size and a more advanced clinical stage, suggesting that the expression of Loc554202 could be used as a diagnostic and prognostic breast cancer marker.
Hsa-lnc-31 has an overall effect in sustaining myoblast proliferation and counteracting differentiation.
- Breast cancer
Loc554202 is significantly increased compared with normal control, and associated with advanced pathologic stage and tumor size. Moreover, knockdown of Loc554202 decreased breast cancer cell proliferation, induced apoptosis and inhibits migration/invasion in vitro and impeded tumorigenesis in vivo.
LOC554202 is down-regulated in the TNBC cell lines of basal subtype and over-expressed in the luminal counterparts, CpG island methylation plays an important role in silencing of the LOC554202 genes.
Hsa-lnc-31 RNA is abundant in proliferating human myoblasts and is downregulated upon differentiation.
The primer for qRT-PCR as follows:
|Primer||Forward Primer||Reverse Primer|
The target sequences for the si-LOC554202 included:
Labs working on this lncRNA
- Department of Oncology, Second Affiliated Hospital, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, PR China.
- Department of Molecular Cardiology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH, USA.
- Shi Y, Lu J, Zhou J, Tan X, He Y, Ding J, et al. Long non-coding RNA Loc554202 regulates proliferation and migration in breast cancer cells[J]. Biochemical and biophysical research communications. 2014,446(2):448-53.
- Ballarino M, Cazzella V, D'Andrea D, et al. Novel long noncoding RNAs (lncRNAs) in myogenesis: a miR-31 overlapping lncRNA transcript controls myoblast differentiation[J]. Molecular and cellular biology, 2015, 35(4): 728-736.
- Augoff K, McCue B, Plow EF, Sossey-Alaoui K. miR-31 and its host gene lncRNA LOC554202 are regulated by promoter hypermethylation in triple-negative breast cancer[J]. Molecular cancer. 2012,11:5.