PRNCR1(PCNCR1), is pervasively transcribed from the 8q24 “gene desert” region in strong association with susceptibility of prostate cancer.
PRNCR1: prostate cancer associated non-coding RNA 1(HGNC nomenclature)
20874843 23945587 24330491
PRNCR1(prostate cancer non-coding RNA 1) , ∼13 kb intron-less long non-coding RNA (ncRNA) ,was transcribed in centromeric region (so-called Region 2: Chr8: 128.14-128.28 Mb) on 8q24 hat ,a large “gene-desert” ,whose region is susceptibility to prostate cancer.
PRNCR1 (also known as PCAT8) and PCGEM1, bind successively to the androgen receptor and strongly enhance both ligand-dependent and ligand-independent androgen-receptor-mediated gene activation programs and proliferation in prostate cancer cells.
PRNCR1 overexpression can potentially serve as a required component of castration-resistance in prostatic tumors.
the polymorphisms in the lncRNA PRNCR1 may be related to the development of CRC, offering a novel and potential strategy for functional analysis of susceptibility loci to human diseases.
PRNCR1 expression was upregulated in some of the PC cells as well as precursor lesion prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia.
The primers for real-time quantitative PCR were as follows,
siRNA target sequences of were as follows,:
|siEGFP(as a negative control)||5'-GAAGCAGCACGACUUCUUC-3'|
The knockdown effect was measured by RT-PCR using the primer set: 5′-ATTGTTCCCAGTTCTCTGGAC-3′ and 5′-GGAGGAAGTGGAGTAGGTATAAGAG-3′.
Allelic Information and Variation
The transcript is an approximately 13-kb intron-lessnon-coding RNA spanning a region between rs1016342 andrs7463708, and named this novel ncRNA as PRNCR1(prostate cancer non-coding RNA 1, GenBank Accession no.AB458446).
Labs working on this lncRNA
- Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Human Genome Center, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan.
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA.
- Laboratory of Molecular and Translational Medicine, West China Institute of Women and Children's Health; Key Laboratory of Obstetric & Gynecologic and Pediatric Diseases and Birth Defects of Ministry of Education, West China Second University Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan 610041, P,R, China.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Chung S, Nakagawa H, Uemura M, Piao L, Ashikawa K, Hosono N, et al. Association of a novel long non-coding RNA in 8q24 with prostate cancer susceptibility[J]. Cancer science. 2011,102(1):245-52.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Yang L, Lin C, Jin C, Yang JC, Tanasa B, Li W, et al. lncRNA-dependent mechanisms of androgen-receptor-regulated gene activation programs[J]. Nature. 2013,500(7464):598-602.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Li L, Sun R, Liang Y, Pan X, Li Z, Bai P, et al. Association between polymorphisms in long non-coding RNA PRNCR1 in 8q24 and risk of colorectal cancer[J]. Journal of experimental & clinical cancer research : CR. 2013,32:104.