TUSC7 is a p53-regulated tumor suppressor long noncoding gene, which acts in part through repression of miR-211
Approved name: TUSC7
HGNC ID: HGNC:27701
Previous names: non-protein coding RNA 295; LSAMP antisense RNA 3; tumor suppressor candidate 7 (non-protein coding)
Previous symbols: NCRNA00295; LSAMP-AS3
Alias symbols: LINC00902; LOC285194
RefSeq ID: NR_015391
LncBook ID: HSALNT0059175
Together with the other noncoding RNA BC040587 and the tumor suppressor gene LSAMP (limbic system-associated membrane protein) present in focal region (osteo3q13.31), TUSC7 cooperatively acting as tumor suppressor genes .
Depletion of TUSC7 by siRNA promoted proliferation of normal osteoblasts (with a mild increase in the G1 population) by cell-cycle transcripts (Cyclin D1, VEGF, and VEGFR1 up-regulation, and cyclin A2 and cyclin B1 suppression) as well as regulation of apoptotic genes (such as suppression of BCL2 and BimEL pro-apoptotic genes) .
TUSC7 is downregulated in osteosarcoma .
|Experiment||Forward primer||Reverse primer|
p53 transcriptionally regulates the TUSC7 by direct binding to its promoter region .
Labs working on this lncRNA
- Department of Pathology, Fudan University Shanghai Cancer Center, Shanghai, 200032, China.
- Department of Oncology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai, 200032, China.
- Institute of Pathology, Fudan University, Shanghai, 200032, China.
- Institutes of Biomedical Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai, 200032, China.
- Department of Colorectal Surgery, Cancer Hospital of China Medical University, Liaoning Cancer Hospital & Institute, Shenyang, China.
- Department of Medical Microbiology, Immunology and Cell Biology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, IL, USA.
- Institute of Neuroscience, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing 400016, PR China.
- Cancer Institute, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS, USA.
- Department of Endocrinology, PLA General Hospital, Beijing 100853, PR China.
- Pasic I, Shlien A, Durbin AD, Stavropoulos DJ, Baskin B, Ray PN et al. Recurrent focal copy-number changes and loss of heterozygosity implicate two noncoding RNAs and one tumor suppressor gene at chromosome 3q13. 31 in osteosarcoma[J]. Cancer research. 2010, 70(1): 160-171.
- Liu Q, Huang J, Zhou N, Zhang Z, Zhang A, Lu Z et al. LncRNA loc285194 is a p53-regulated tumor suppressor[J]. Nucleic acids research. 2013, 41(9): 4976-4987.
- Qi P, Xu MD, Ni SJ, Huang D, Wei P, Tan C et al. Low expression of LOC285194 is associated with poor prognosis in colorectal cancer[J]. Journal of translational medicine. 2013, 11(1):122.
- Xu J, Zhao J, Zhang R. The novel long noncoding RNA TUSC7 inhibits proliferation by sponging MiR-211 in colorectal cancer[J]. Cellular physiology and biochemistry. 2017, 41(2):635-644.
>gi|285194|ref|NR_015391.1| Homo sapiens tumor suppressor candidate 7 (TUSC7), long non-coding RNA
Predicted Small Protein
|Amino acid sequence||MATQRMTEERKCHAEVIVKMKMWERSSPQYIFSVSSEVTTIPSG|