HMMR-AS1:HMMR antisense RNA 1
LncBook transcript ID: HSALNT0097120
HMMR-AS1(HMMR antisense RNA 1; RP11-80G.1) is transcribed on the strand opposite to the adjacent HMMR gene which codes for receptor for hyaluronan-mediated motility (RHAMM), a mitotic spindle-binding protein .
- HMMR-AS1 influences the progression of BLBCs (Basal-like breast cancers) through regulating HMMR . In MDA-MB-231 and MDA-MB-468 breast cancer cells, the proliferation and migration abilities were remarkably suppressed via knocking down HMMR-AS1 in vitro .
- HMMR-AS1 stabilizes HMMR mRNA. Knockdown of HMMR-AS1 reduces HMMR expression; inhibits cell migration, invasion, and mesenchymal phenotypes; and suppresses GBM cell growth both in vitro and in vivo. Moreover, knockdown of HMMR-AS1 radiosensitizes GBM by reducing DNA repair proteins ATM, RAD51, and BMI1.
The expression of HMMR-AS1 is markedly higher in BLBCs in contrast to those in non-BLBC subtypes . Besides, the expression levels of HMMR-AS1 and HMMR in the tumor tissue samples are positively correlated (R=0.802, P<0.0001) .
HMMR-AS1 is hyperexpressed in GBM cell lines.
|Experiment||Forward primer||Reverse primer|
|Quantitative real-time PCR||5'-AACTCGCCTATTTAGCCTGGG- 3'||5'-ATACCAGGAACCAGGAGTTGTGT- 3'|
Basal-like breast cancers 
>NR_109892.1 Homo sapiens HMMR antisense RNA 1 (HMMR-AS1), long non-coding RNA
Labs working on this lncRNA
- Department of Radiation Oncology, Anhui Provincial Hospital, Hefei, People's Republic of China.
- Liu W, Ma J, Cheng Y, Zhang H, Luo W, Zhang H. HMMR antisense RNA 1, a novel long noncoding RNA, regulates the progression of basal-like breast cancer cells. Breast Cancer (Dove Med Press). 2016 Nov 24;8:223-229.
- Li J, Ji X, Wang H. Targeting Long Noncoding RNA HMMR-AS1 Suppresses and Radiosensitizes Glioblastoma. Neoplasia. 2018 May;20(5):456-466.