EPIC1, Epigenetically induced lncRNA 1, regulates MYC expression and promotes tumorigenesis.
EPIC1: Epigenetically induced lncRNA 1
EPIC1 is an intergenic lncRNA located on chromosome 22q13.31 and is highly overexpressed in 15 cancer types including BRCA.
There are CpG islands within 164 bp downstream of EPIC1's transcription start site.
EPIC1 expression is significantly higher in established/primary human lung cancer cells than that in human lung epithelial cells. Lnc-EPIC1 is also elevated in human lung cancer tissues.
EPIC1 is upregulated in MCF-7, ZR-75-1, and Hs578T cell lines and is expressed at low levels in A549 cell line.
EPIC1 is upregulated in necrotic femoral head tissues of dexamethasone-taking patients.
Labs working on this lncRNA
- Department of Respiration, Taizhou People's Hospital, Taizhou, China.
- Department of Oncology, The Fourth Affiliated Hospital of Anhui Medical University, Hefei, China.
- University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, 15261, USA.
- Department of Computational and System Biology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, 15261, USA.
- Center for Pharmacogenetics, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA.
- Department of Orthopedics, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Soochow University, Suzhou, China.
- Department of Orthopedics, Tongren Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China.
- Zhang B, Lu HY, Xia YH, Jiang AG, Lv YX. Long non-coding RNA EPIC1 promotes human lung cancer cell growth. Biochemical and biophysical research communications. 2018;503(3):1342-8.
- Wang Y, Wang Z, Xu J, Li J, Li S, Zhang M, et al. Systematic identification of non-coding pharmacogenomic landscape in cancer. Nature communications. 2018;9(1):3192.
- Wang Z, Yang B, Zhang M, Guo W, Wu Z, Wang Y, et al. lncRNA Epigenetic Landscape Analysis Identifies EPIC1 as an Oncogenic lncRNA that Interacts with MYC and Promotes Cell-Cycle Progression in Cancer. Cancer cell. 2018;33(4):706-20 e9.
- Zhang XY, Shan HJ, Zhang P, She C, Zhou XZ. LncRNA EPIC1 protects human osteoblasts from dexamethasone-induced cell death. Biochemical and biophysical research communications. 2018.