PCAT4, 2091 bp long non-coding RNA, prostate cancer associated transcript.4,upregulated by NKX3.1, functions in the diagnosis or treatment of prostate cancer.
PCAT4:prostate cancer associated transcript 4 (non-protein coding)(HGNC nomenclature)
GDEP, "gene differentially expressed in prostate"
PCA4, PCAN1, "prostate cancer gene 1"
The major GDEP transcript is about 520 bp long and its transcript consists of two exons with one large intron (> 15 kb). The GDEP gene was mapped tochromosome 4q21.1.
The prostate specificity of GDEP expression indicates that GDEP may be useful in the diagnosis or treatment of prostate cancer.
NKX3.1 upregulated PCAN1 gene transcription in LNCaP prostate cancer cells
A high level of expression of PCAN1 in human neural retina and retinoblastoma cells but little to no expression in the RPE, even for very early passage primary cell lines
PCR reactions were performed using 2 µL of the resultant cDNA and the following primers
Labs working on this lncRNA
- Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Division of Basic Sciences, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892-4255, USA.
- Department of Marshfield Clinic Research Foundation, Marshfield, WI, USA.
- Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Shandong University School of Medicine, Jinan, 250012, China.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Olsson P, Bera TK, Essand M, Kumar V, Duray P, Vincent J, et al. GDEP, a new gene differentially expressed in normal prostate and prostate cancer[J]. The Prostate. 2001,48(4):231-41.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 ross D, Reding DJ, Salzman SA, Zhang KQ, Catalona WJ, Burke J, et al. Expression and initial promoter characterization of PCAN1 in retinal tissue and prostate cell lines[J]. Medical oncology. 2004,21(2):145-53.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Liu W, Zhang P, Chen W, Yu C, Cui F, Kong F, et al. Characterization of two functional NKX3.1 binding sites upstream of the PCAN1 gene that are involved in the positive regulation of PCAN1 gene transcription[J]. BMC molecular biology. 2008,9:45.
lnc-PRDM8-1:1,PCAT4, GDEP, PCA4, PCAN1